Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Five-Times Tables and A Sicky Boy



One picture. That's all I've got for you today. It's been That Sort of day. The sort of day that started at 11 o'clock the night before with a boy waking up to be copiously sick.

Yeah. I think he's picked up a bug somewhere. Could be literally anything: he's a toddler with new teeth coming and fingers permanently in his mouth. He wouldn't hesitate to eat food off the floor, any floor, and he wouldn't think twice about sinking his teeth into furniture, clothing, toys - you get the picture.

So I've had an exhausted, pale little boy, miserably wanting his mummy all day, today. A lot of tv has been watched.

Somehow, in the midst of all this, Francesca did a pretty decent violin practice.

Then she did maths - which was cutting out hand-shapes (see pic!) to make the five-times table more visual. I do wonder, though, if it's a bit soon to be doing tables. She's quite keen - she's heard about tables in "Matilda" - and she seems to get the concept but then again, she sometimes misses some quite basic concepts so perhaps I'm moving too fast.

She even settled to some writing, today, despite the fact that her siblings were watching tv. She chose a book that she likes and starting writing a story, based on it, using the book to help her with spellings ("I'm not copying the story, it's just helping me!") and she's done a pretty decent few sentences, with ambitions to carry on the project tomorrow. Great!

In between times, the girls made a snuggly place in my room, with the tape recorder, and listened to story tapes.

We all ended up in front of the tv at the end of the afternoon. My lack of sleep was catching up with me and... on that note, I'm on my way to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading the story Francesca!

    ReplyDelete